2.07.2013

Wedding Day, Part IV


Red, White and Blue. The only colors I said that Justin didn't have a funny thing to say about them. I started with gold, then Justin said that he was going to wear a gold sequin vest. Then I said silver and he requested a disco ball. Eventually after all the jokes I suggested red, white and blue and guess what - he liked it. Go figure. All American boy liking red, white and blue. 


All of our decorations were from thrift stores, my Mom's own thrift pile or hobby lobby (on the week that they were 50% off of course, because wedding deco is expensive!) 




All of the old cameras came from my Mom's collection 

 Our floral arrangements were made by our sweet friends Buffy, Taylor and Charlie 

 Then there is the story about the table cloths and how the navy blue French Toile ones we specially ordered and paid a butt-load for were backordered and we were told five glorious days before our wedding. So after much debated we went with cream lace on top of solid navy blue and decided no one knew any different and that was that. 






My amazingly handy father-in-law made Justin and I a wedding chest. We wanted to do a time capsule for our 25th wedding anniversary that we could open and just see all the special things from our day. Jimmie made it for us and we are so thankful for it. 


 My bridal shower invite and tags for the dresses. 

 Everything we added inside 
 Our save the date 

 Our wedding invitation 

 My bouquet - made by my Momma from pens given to me from family members. Something I will always treasure, also note that thing weigh like 20 lbs and I accidentally hit a few people with it. Haha, bad bride! 
Not a professional picture but an overall look of some of the recepetion hall with band setting up on the stage 
 Justin LOVES almond snickers so it was only fitting to make his grooms cake one big snickers bar :) 

 There's a badge from Justin's dad while he was working for Med-Star, his grandpa's Texas State Trooper badge and my grandpa's officer badge 
 And my Granddaddy's hankie. He gave it to my Mom on her wedding day and it was my something blue :) 
 We did a navy blue cake with buttercream frosting. Three tiers high and enough cake to last us a lifetime! 


So when Justin and I first started dating I had went as Wonder Woman for Halloween and when Justin was in Afghanistan everyone called him Captain America so it only seemed fitting and it went with our red, white and blue theme (plus we couldn't find any Lilo & Stitch wedding cake toppers) 





 Justin hand made each one of these bracelets and we gave them away as our wedding favors. There wasn't a single one left (same thing with our candy bar, it was gone so fast!) 

We called the bracelets "Just In Case" Bracelets and said Just in case you're ever in a sticky situation you can use one of these as either a fashion statement or survivoral tool. 
 We had people sign wine bottles instead of a guest book. We opened one for our first fight (notice I said opened, haha). We will open one on our 1st year and so on. 
 I'm not a big flower girl. So the bridesmaids carried red lanterns instead. 

The decorations wouldn't have been possible without the help of our wonderful family and friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment