Once we found out we were expecting we began exploring ideas of how we were going to tell our family and friends the big news. Before the ultrasound, we thought we were two weeks further along than we were and planned to tell everyone by the 4th of July with a Red, White, and Blue theme (typical of us, I know haha). After the ultrasound we decided we wanted to wait until my second appointment to send out announcements so we started thinking of different themes when New Year's Eve came to us.
We decided it was perfect since Baby Case will be arriving in January of 2016.
So next came trying to figure out what to say and how we wanted the announcements to look. We decided if we were going to do a NYE theme we should dress the part! Then the idea of popping champagne and sparklers came about (more on that later). We finally decided on a saying for the bottom of the cards. We thought it would be funny when people opened the cards and wondered why in the world we were sending out NYE's cards in July. Then they would read the bottom and it would all make sense.
The bottom of the cards read
"Forget the wine, forget the beer,
we'll be popping baby bottles this year.
Baby Case arriving January 2016."
At first we were planning to take pictures in a park close to our house in Nichols Hills or Downtown OKC but my sensible husband said he didn't think it was a good idea to be popping a bottle of champagne in public seeing how it would be considered an open container. Then he slowly nixed the idea of sparklers since fireworks are not "allowed" in city limits. So we decided on those little poppers that shoot out confetti.
My friend from work, Holley, was tasked as our photographer and we set out trying to find the right location. Justin decided where we go mountain biking in the city was probably our best bet so we trekked through the trails trying to find the best site (the looks we received while walking around were quite amusing).
Below are some of the photos from the shoot - some are just funny outtakes we wanted to share. If you just want to see the announcement skip straight to the bottom and it is there.
We finally found a spot we both agreed on and the photo shoot began.
I would like to start by saying my husband informed me it would be best if I stood on his left side because he thought it would look cool if the champagne was shooting in front of me. After I disagreed, he promised multiple times I wouldn't get any champagne on me. He said it was more likely Holley would be covered in the champagne.
Yah, this is how our first bottle of champagne went.
We were soaked.
I probably would have still been soaked even if I stood on the right side. Hahah.
At least we both have a good sense of humor and just laughed it off and tried again.
The poppers didn't really work out the way we expected them to.
It was a good thing we bought more than one bottle of champagne.
It won't spray you, he said. It'll be fine, he said.
The one we decided on for the announcement. I loved Justin's face because you can tell he thinks it is hilarious and then I'm trying to step back and get away from it all.
I was cracking up because the bottle went a little crazy and sprayed Justin in the face
Trying to get one more pop out of the bottle.
I'm in love with this picture.
We're over the moon with excitement for our new little love to arrive.
The final product
We had a blast putting together the announcements and were so glad to finally share the news with our loved ones.
xoxo
The Case Family




No comments:
Post a Comment