1.31.2013

Wedding Day - Part I

Our wedding began bright and early on July 14th, 2012. The bridesmaids and I all stayed in a hotel room and woke up early to shower and start getting around. We then put on our matching rompers and went out for coffee and walked around town to calm my nerves. We then met my Daddy and Kimmy for lunch at Hideaway Pizza (who doesn't love some greasy pizza on their wedding day). We then headed back to the hotel to start getting ready for a wonderful evening. 


 My "professional" hairstylist bailed 4 days before the wedding so I made a plea to all my friends to give me names of trusted stylists and I received a text from the wonderful Zoey saying her Mom, Terri, could do it for me. Zoey is a very talented lady (she played the guitar for our ceremony music) so I trusted her instincts and immediately called her Madre to figure it all out. 


 That meant the girls didn't have a hairstylist either but they stepped in and did each other's hair and my amazing cousin Jessica came to help out. 
 All the makeup while getting ready 
 Justin and I's rings. My ring is truly my most treasured possession 
 So for our wedding ceremony we decided to do a time capsule. I have always loved hiding things to find later years down the road so it fit perfectly for us. We put our save the dates, wedding invitations, love notes that we wrote to each other, little trinkets, a bottle of wine (made to last). Justin's Dad made the chest for us as a wedding gift so we cherish it that much more. He even put the date to open on it so we won't forget, we are both awful with dates haha. 

 My eldest sister fixing up my dress 



 Prez, one of my little flag holders :) 
 Lily Pop 
 Flower girls dresses, we wanted them in something similar to my dress. 

 I love this picture! 

 Well here's a little story about me. I have asthma and I got pneumonia last summer and since then I cannot have anything tight around my ribcage without an asthma attack. When the tailor added the lining to my dress he made it too tight and I didn't notice until I was putting it on and getting excited on the wedding day. So we had to cut slits in the dress so I could breathe better. I'm lucky to have such crafty friends! 

 Is it gonna zip? Haha
 Meg-o, Lesa Sian and Ange 
 My cousin made the BM dresses as my wedding gift all he wanted me to do was pick out the pattern and send him the fabric. We went to JoAnn's and found the perfect jersey fabric. It was soft and breathable and perfect for a hot Oklahoma day, so we ordered it online and had it shipped to him. There was a mix up along the way and they shipped polyester (yes my friends, the fabric CHEER uniforms are made out of) my cousin thought it was the fabric I wanted so he didn't want to complain and I had no clue till he shipped them to us. Funny mix up and I apologized I don't know how many times for putting my friends in polyester 
 Baby bottles of wine to calm our nerves 
 My Madre and little sister 

 My oldest sister made my garter for me :)




 These were my partners in crime, body guards, dress carries, bathroom helpers, tear wipers, watch guards, these girls were the most amazing bridesmaids. 
 My Daddy and I 
 Waiting for the boys to leave so we could 
 Daddy's Girl 
My Dad was so proud this day. He was so proud that he uploaded this picture to facebook an hour before the wedding. Haha, so if you were Facebook creeping that day you saw my wedding dress before the others. Let's just say the Best Man ran outside to yell at my Dad and the other groomsmen ran upstairs and took Justin's phone from him. All the Bridesmaids told me they deleted it to calm my nerves even though they didn't. It is a funny story to look back on and I just have an overly happy Daddy so I can't complain. 



All Photography Credits go to Rachel Anne Seymour Photography 
She was the best photographer I could ask for. So amazing and made everything run so smoothly and perfect 

2 comments: