Wedding planning was probably the worst planning I've ever gone through in my life. No, I'm not being over-dramatic, I hated it. Every horrible person in the wedding industry that is out there I had the pleasure of meeting. If it wasn't for my awesome venue, amazing photographer and absolutely wonderful family/bridesmaids we would have eloped.
I hated dress shopping. We spoke with many designers around town and more than a few were open to my idea of designing a dress but when we arrived all they wanted to do was sale one that was already made because the one I wanted would and I quote "would make me look fat or pregnant" Yah, so dress shopping was no picnic and one night I had enough.
I hated dress shopping. We spoke with many designers around town and more than a few were open to my idea of designing a dress but when we arrived all they wanted to do was sale one that was already made because the one I wanted would and I quote "would make me look fat or pregnant" Yah, so dress shopping was no picnic and one night I had enough.
My Mom, Mal, Hal, Kim and I were sitting around the dining room table - we had just watched the Black Swan and were talking about how we like that white dress so we started googling it. I then found a website that would change my little wedding woes. A store in China that custom makes dresses. I had found my match, so with little debate my sister was measuring me and I was saying do you think this will look good, how about this.
So you read correct, I ordered my wedding dress online without ever seeing it in person or trying it on.
AND it was the best thing I could have ever done.
The designers told me it would be a little see-through but I didn't think much of that till I received it. Haha, I tried it on and you could see my boobs and my hoo-ha if I moved just right! I was shocked but cracking up laughing because dang the dress was beautiful and soft and so well made that I cannot believe people pay so much for wedding gowns. I obviously had to go get it fixed because they not only made it see-through but they added way to much fabric incase my heels were taller than i said they were.

The dress before it was altered
Way longer than expected
Oh hey girl! The only thing keeping me from flashing the world was that long piece of fabric in front
The lace up close - it was so soft and gorgeous
After alterations
I loved it
The Final Project







No comments:
Post a Comment