
One weekend in October of 2010 Justin planned a fun weekend to go geocaching. We woke up early to go get starbucks and cooked up our lunch for a picnic after we finished the multi-cache around Edmond. We got ready and headed out on a beautiful day. We drove around to each coordinate and followed each hint that would lead to the final cache. For those of you whole don't know what geocaching is it is pretty much a unverisal scavanger hunt, click here to learn more. We drove all over running out of our car and looking for the caches that went along with the coordinates. Justin had it all planned out to where our final cache was at a park where his friend Kevin set up a video camera in a tree and was hiding in the bushes with a camera. There was a family walking in front of us who saw the camera so they started making funny faces and acting goofy. Well, the dad of the family saw us coming so he must have figured it out because he grabbed all the kids and they kept walking (OR so we thought, we watched the video and the family was saying "oh no they caught us on camera, what do we do."). My clue for the final cache was "somewhere a squirrel hides his nuts" so I was looking at the coordinates and then trying to find a tree where someone could hide something. The whole time I was thinking that dang family is going to find my cache before I do. Then I find the tree and I start looking in a hole - Justin steps back and I pull out an altoids box. There was a note inside of it which was confusing because caches don't normally have notes. The note read WILL YOU MARRY ME. Justin got down on one knee and said something extremely sweet that I cannot remember because I just started spitting out "are you serious? Of course, yes of course" and then I saw Kevin taking pictures of us.
 |
| Putting the ring on :) |
 |
| The note and the box after he proposed |
 |
| Ignore my band-aid finger |
 |
| Champagne after the proposal |
 |
| Our picnic basket |
 |
| The ring |
 |
| The note |
 |
| Me saying "Are you serious?" |
 |
| Where he hid the altoids box |
 |
| The camera |
 |
| Calling the parentals |
It was a perfect day and an amazing proposal.
No comments:
Post a Comment