Justin and I had a difficult time deciding on where to get married and when. Justin had just deployed to Afghanistan and was getting his leave in September which meant we had a week to find a location, vendors and take engagement pictures. We just stumbled upon the Jazz Hall of Fame while the CEO was working one day while driving downtown. We fell in love - the building is Tulsa's old train station and overlooks the city. The price was perfect and the location was even better, then the dilemma came - where would we have the ceremony. I didn't want to have it inside the Jazz hall with everything set up for the wedding so we began to look at churches around town. Nothing fit, it just wasn't us and we were having such a difficult time that I begged Justin to elope. Haha. My parents talked me off the ledge and said it would all work out so I started the hunt again.
I came up with a crazy idea - there is a place in Tulsa called the Center of the Universe. It is a big circle and when you stand inside of it you echo. No one knows why because it shouldn't happen but it does and it is really neat. So that was it, I decided we would get married in the center of the universe. I called the City of Tulsa to figure out how should I go about the process of getting a permit and we applied for it.
So here we are a crazy couple of kids who decided to have an outdoor ceremony in 100 degree Oklahoma weather.
BUT it's Oklahoma so that means the weather changes from hot to cold from rain to shine in a drop of a dime and on the night of our rehearsal it decided to pour. Which was fine. We were having it rain or shine, who cares about a little water ;)
We started off the Friday morning by going with all of the females in my family and crowding into a nail salon to get our nails done. We took up the entire salon and I loved every minute of it. We then met up with the boys and ate some lunch at Joe Mama's in Tulsa. After lunch we drove our packed cars to the Jazz Hall of Fame to set up for the wedding.
After the rehearsal we went to McNellie's pub where we took over the upstairs room for a dinner buffet with all of our family and friends.
The front of our save the dates
It started pouring, but we were having the rehearsal no matter what
I have bad posture, haha
Rob, Justin and I at McNellie's.
My amazing cousin Heather explain to us where to stand/walk
Our fake makeout session for the "kiss"
The flag girls and sign holder boys :)
Me probably saying "Let's try again"
My groom, love those rosey red cheeks
Our hiding spot before the ceremony
That circle is the center of the universe

Pop in Law :)
We took some of our engagement pictures at the Center of the Universe















No comments:
Post a Comment